As specialists we are proud to have some of the safest and best outcomes in the nation, with a ZERO mortality rate to date and nationally recognized as a center of excellence. However, complications are associated with any surgical procedure.
Risks Associated with Bariatric Surgery include but are not limited to:
- Complications due to anesthesia and medications
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Injury to stomach, esophagus, or surrounding organs
- Blood clots
- Stroke or heart attack
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Bowel obstruction
- Stretching of the stomach
- Vomiting and nausea
- Protein Deficiency, Vitamin and Mineral Deficiency
Note: Risks are associated with any type of surgery, including abdominal surgery.
Risks Associated with Gastric Banding
- Migration of implant (band erosion, band slippage)
- Tubing-related complications (port disconnection, tubing kinking)
- Band leak
- Esophageal spasm, dilitation
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), although most patients experience improvement in reflux.
- Port-site infection
Advanced Laparoscopic Specialists
Experienced Surgeons Personalized Care